- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, in small cubes
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook until potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and return to pan. Dry over low heat 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 3 tablespoons coconut milk and curry paste in a medium saucepan; cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup coconut milk, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and apple cider. Bring to a boil, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- While sauce is simmering, mash potatoes with a fork or potato masher. Stir in hot coconut milk mixture, butter, salt and cinnamon. Add remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup if desired.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: