- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Recipe by Jessica Segarra, thenovicechef.com
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13 x 18 jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons milk, vanilla, food coloring and vinegar. Add dry ingredients and stir until well combined. (The batter will be very thick.) Scrape into pan (reserving 3/4 cup). Smooth to reach all the edges.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of red velvet layer in pan and smooth mixture until it reaches all the edges.
- Combine remaining milk with reserved batter. Stir well. Drop spoonfuls on top of cheesecake layer. Drag the tip of a knife through red velvet and the cheesecake layers to create swirls.
- Bake 25 minutes or just until the center is set. Let cool. Cut into shapes using heart cookie cutters..
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: