- 4 ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced away from pit
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 (10 x 15-inch) sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
Recipe by Relish Cooking Show Chef Brian Morris
- Cut mangoes into 1-inch-thick strips and toss with nutmeg and lime zest. Set aside.
- Place sugar and water in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and cook over medium heat until sugar begins to caramelize, 8 to10 minutes. Add butter and stir to combine. Cook until caramel is golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Place mango slices in pan in a circular pattern, overlapping slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place pastry sheet on a floured surface and roll into a 12-inch circle, about 1/8-inch thick. Cut away any excess pastry. Place pastry round over mangoes. Tuck in or trim as needed.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375F and continue baking 15 minutes longer, or until pastry is cooked golden brown. Let cool 1 hour. Place a plate or tray upside-down on top of the pan and flip both together. Tap pan to release tart. Slice into wedges to serve.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: