- 4 cups mixed fresh blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
Recipe by Nancy Vienneau.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine berries, 1 cup of sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and berries release their juices. Remove from heat.
- Pour melted butter into 8 (6-ounce) ramekins or a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine remaining sugar, flour and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in milk until well combined. Do not overbeat. Pour over butter. Do not stir. Spoon berries and juice over batter. Do not stir.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes for ramekins or 35 minutes for baking dish, until crust rises to the top and browns. Serves 8.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: