- 1 1/4 cups dried lentils
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 -- jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 8 ounces smoked turkey breast, shredded
Place lentils in a large saucepan; cover with water to 2 inches above lentils, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
Combine lemon juice, olive oil, basil, salt, pepper and garlic. Stir with a whisk until blended. Add to lentils. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapeno, cheese and turkey; toss gently.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: