- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine or dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4- to 5-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and diagonally cut in half (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, halved or quartered (about 3 cups)
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.
- Whisk broth, lemon juice, wine, flour, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lightly coat chicken with breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate. Add beans and mushrooms to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Return chicken and any juices to pan. Pour broth mixture over top. Cover and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: