- 1 1/4 cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 4 bags English Breakfast tea
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease bottom of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium until hot by not boiling; remove from heat and add tea bags. Cover and let steep 6 to 7 minutes; remove tea bags, gently squeezing out milk, and discard bags. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flours, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. In another medium bowl, combine egg, oil, lemon juice and 1 cup milk tea. (Mixture will curdle slightly.) Add egg mixture to dry mixture stirring just until moistened. Fold in lemon peel and apricots.
- Spoon batter into bread pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, stir remaining milk tea with 2 tablespoons sugar. While bread is still in pan, brush tea-sugar mixture over top of loaf. Let cool in pan 10 minutes then remove to wire rack.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: