- 1 (32-ounce) package reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped
- 1 small leek, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise, washed, and thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, slivered
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (12-ounce) lamb shanks
- 1/2 cup halved sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 sprig rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix broth, fennel, leek, garlic, mustard, zest, salt and pepper in a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Add shanks in two layers (some will not be covered by liquid); cover and cook on high 4 hours.
- Reverse shanks top to bottom. Cover and cook 2 hours. Add sun-dried tomatoes, beans and rosemary. Cover and cook until shanks are fork-tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove shanks; skim fat from sauce. Stir and add lemon juice. Remove meat from bones and return meat to cooker; keep warm until ready to serve, up to 2 hours.
Videos You Might Also Like
The recipe was originally published as Lamb Shanks with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and White Beans on Relish.com