- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 24 ounces fresh pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped roasted turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Recipe by Tony Palombino, founder, Boombozz Famous Gourmet Pizza.
- To prepare sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour until combined. Cook about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add sour cream. Bring mixture to a slow simmer. (Do not boil.) The mixture will begin to thicken. Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until smooth.
- To make pizza, preheat oven to 425F.
- Roll pizza dough into a 14-inch round or square. Place on baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread sauce on dough and top with remaining ingredients in the order listed. Bake 7 to 11 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: