- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
For a complete menu featuring Katharine Hepburn's Brownies, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- Place butter and chocolate in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in flour and salt. Stir in walnuts, if using.
- Bake about 40 minutes. Let cool and cut into 2-inch squares.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: