- 2 bunches kale, washed, dried and stemmed
- 2 honeycrisp apples
- 1 medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds), toasted
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grapeseed oil (or other neutral oil)
- To prepare vinaigrette, place lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and black pepper in a food processor fitted with the swivel blade. Begin processing, slowly pouring in oil.
- To prepare salad, place kale leaves in stacks, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch ribbons. Cut ribbons into bite-sized pieces.
- Place kale, apples, onion and toasted pumpkin seeds in a large bowl. Pour in about half the dressing and toss gently. Serves 10.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: