- 1 slice white sandwich bread, crusts trimmed
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces ground turkey (light and dark meat)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 head escarole (about 1 pound), rinsed and spun dry, in 1-inch strips
- 8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup dried ditalini or other small pasta
- Roughly tear bread and combine with milk in a small dish; set aside.
- Combine cheese, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Gently press milk from bread (discard milk) and mash with back of fork. Add to cheese mixture. Add turkey and combine gently by hand. Roll into tiny balls (about 3/4-inch), cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sliced garlic; sauté 1 minute or until fragrant and beginning to turn golden. Add broth and wine; bring to a boil. Stir in ditalini; cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add meatballs and escarole; simmer 5 minutes more or until meatballs and pasta are just cooked through.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: