- 1/2 pound cooked potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound shredded raw potato
- 8 ounces crumbled smoked trout
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill fronds, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sour Cream
- In large mixing bowl, mash together cooked potatoes and buttermilk. Add flour, baking soda, salt and pepper. Mash together. Stir in raw potato, trout and dill until well combined.
- Heat butter in a large pan over medium heat. Using ice cream scoop, carefully drop boxty batter into pan and brown on both sides. Garnish with fresh dill and serve with sour cream.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: