- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 packet, unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- Food dye
- Flavored extracts
- Food-safe edible markers with fine points
- Combine corn syrup, gelatin and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until gelatin is dissolved. Pour into bowl of mixer.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, stopping mixer each time. Mix until batter is stiff like dough. Remove to surface “floured” with more powdered sugar and knead until smooth. Cut into three equal pieces. Dye and flavor each piece to your liking. Roll out until about 1/4-inch thick and cut into hearts. Place on baking sheet and let dry for 24 hours.
- Use markers to write sweet nothings on dried candies.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: