- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine water, 2 1/2 teaspoons of sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Whisk in flour, then use a spatula to fully combine.
- Place dough in pastry bag with starred pastry tip in place.
- Heat 2 quarts of oil in a deep, heavy bottomed pot to 375 F. Squeeze 5-inch lengths of dough into oil and cut off with knife. Do this a few times, but do not overcrowd the oil. Flip the churros over and continue frying until golden brown on both sides. Remove churros and drain on paper towels. Repeat until dough is finished.
- Combine cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar and sprinkle mixture over still-hot churros. Serve warm.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: