- Cooking spray
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup finely grated raw sweet potato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried pears
- 1 to 2 tablespoon turbinado sugar
Recipe by Mary Carter
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine whole-wheat flour and next six ingredients (whole-wheat flour through salt) in a mixing bowl.
- Combine milk, egg whites and oil in a separate bowl. Whisk well.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into the well and stir until just combined. Gently fold in sweet potato and pears.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until centers spring back when touched.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: