- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 300F. In a deep bowl, add the oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds and salt. Toss well to mix. Pour in the olive oil and maple syrup, and stir well, using a rubber spatula, until mixture is well coated. Scrape mixture onto a rimmed 11-inch by 16-inch baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, stir in the dried cranberries and coconut. Set tray on a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled, toss in chocolate chunks. Divide into individual treat bags or store trail mix in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to one week.
Recipe by Jennifer Perillo.