- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 cups loosely packed basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 pounds large (16 to 20 count) shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into large chunks
- To prepare pesto, combine garlic, pistachios, basil, lemon juice and salt in a processor; pulse until nuts are finely chopped. Add olive oil gradually through food chute and process until well combined. Add cheese and pulse 2 or 3 times. Makes about 1 cup.
- To prepare shrimp, heat grill. Thread shrimp on skewers alternately with red bell pepper pieces. Grill 5 to 10 minutes, until done. Serve with pesto (1 tablespoon per serving—you'll have pesto left over).
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: