- 6 cups water
- 2 cups polenta (stone-ground grits)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups Pomodoro Sauce (see recipe)
Recipe by Kristine Gasbarre, a food writer in DuBois, Pa
- Bring water to boil and slowly add polenta, whisking constantly. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until polenta is thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Add cheese and butter. Pour olive oil in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spread polenta in pan. Allow to cool completely; store overnight in refrigerator. When completely cooled, cut into 12 triangles.
- Prepare grill.
- Cook sausage and rosemary in a skillet. Drain.
- Place polenta triangles on grill rack. Cook on both sides. Place polenta on individual serving dishes. Top each with 1 tablespoon Pomodoro Sauce. Scatter sausage on top
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: