- 6 ears corn, grilled and cooled
- 4 cups water
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimento
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Recipe by Deborah Krasner.
- Using a sharp knife, stand each ear of grilled corn upright and cut off kernels. Reserve kernels (about 4 1/2 cups) in a bowl and set aside. Cut cobs in half crosswise and place in a heavy saucepan. Cover with 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Saute bacon in a Dutch oven until browned. Add onion, and garlic; cook 10 minutes. Add flour; stir well. Cook 1 minute. Add corn stock; whisk well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add corn, pimentos, half-and-half, salt, pepper and thyme; heat through. Serves 6.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: