- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 to 8 green tomatoes
- 1 box (10-ounce) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 6 ounces plain chèvre (goat cheese), chilled
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a shallow, 9-inch straight-sided baking dish or springform pan with oil.
- Set aside 1 large or 2 small green tomatoes for garnish. Dice remaining tomatoes, keeping all juices. Combine diced tomatoes and spinach.
- Combine eggs, flour, cottage cheese and salt, beating well by hand. Combine with tomato mixture and stir well. Add Parmesan and stir again. Crumble goat cheese over mixture (you want distinct little nubbins of goat cheese). Stir a few times and turn into prepared dish. Sliced reserved green tomatoes thinly and press onto top of cheesecake.
- Bake, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or until firm and slightly crusty on top. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: