- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 green tomatoes, cored and cut into eighths
- 2 teaspoons turbinado or granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For more on green tomatoes, click here
—Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan or baking dish with oil.
- Cream butter and sugar. When slightly fluffy, beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and sift into the creamed butter mixture; beat well. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Arrange green tomato pieces in concentric circles over batter. Sprinkle lightly with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until cake is firm and golden and tests done.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: