- 1 1/2 pints fresh green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup smoked almonds, roughly chopped
- Cook beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath; drain. Pat dry.
- Combine vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl; whisk in oil. Add beans and toss well. Let stand 20 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Soak onion in ice water 10 minutes. Drain; pat dry. Add to beans; toss. Transfer to a serving platter, and top with almonds.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: