- 1 garlic head, separated into cloves and peeled
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 (4- to 4 1/2-pound) bone-in pork shoulder
Recipe courtesy of Coon Rock Farm, Hillsborough, N.C.
- Place garlic, salt, peppercorns and oregano in the bowl of a food processor. Process until garlic is chopped. Add olive oil and vinegar and process to form a thick paste. Place pork in a large roasting pan fat side up and score top with a sharp knife. Rub garlic mixture over meat; refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place pork in oven and roast about 3 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 160F. Let pork cool slightly and then chop or tear into large chunks.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: