- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium garlic clove, very finely minced
- 1 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a bowl, stir together flours, salt and cheese. In a large glass liquid measuring cup or bowl, add garlic to milk and heat milk until just lukewarm, about 30 seconds in the microwave. Whisk in butter and then eggs. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring with a whisk.
- Place popover pans or muffin tins in preheated oven 3 minutes. Remove from oven and spray liberally with cooking spray. Divide batter among cups, filling until half full. Bake 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350F and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden. (The insides should be soft but not gummy.) Remove from pans and serve immediately. Popovers will deflate. Makes 6 full-size popovers or 12 muffin-size popovers.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: