- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons fresh marjoram
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Recipe by Marge Perry and David Bonom
- Combine basil and next 6 ingredients (basil through pepper) in the bowl of a food processor or blender. With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in oil and process until herbs and garlic are very finely chopped. Rub herb mixture over beef and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Transfer beef to baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake about 40 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 135F for medium-rare. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: