- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots or dried plums
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine butter, sugars, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- Stir in oats, flaxseed meal, whole-wheat flour and 1 cup self-rising flour. Add additional self-rising flour in ¼ cup increments if dough is still sticky. Stir in fruits and nuts until well combined.
- Scoop dough onto a baking sheet, using a 1-ounce (2-tablespoon) scoop. Bake 10 to 13 minutes, until cookies are puffy and light tan. Be careful not to overbake. The centers will be a bit doughy and dense. Makes 2 dozen.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: