- 1 pound Swiss chard, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked whole-wheat spaghetti (4 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded Provolone or mozzarella cheese
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.
- Rinse chard and place in a large pot with water clinging to leaves. Cover and cook over medium heat until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess water.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine eggs, milk, Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir in spaghetti and chard
- Melt butter in a large ovenproof skillet. Add egg mixture; cover and cook over low heat until top is almost set, 10 to 13 minutes.
- Sprinkle frittata with provolone cheese and broil 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: