- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen potato gnocchi, such as DeLallo
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 head Boston or other loose-leaf lettuce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 cups fresh, shelled English peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
Recipe by Robin Mather.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Place butter in a large, heavy pan; heat over medium heat until melted. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Wash lettuce and trim away the stalk end. Shake water off lettuce (it’s OK if some water remains) and add to pan. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and peas. Cook until peas are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pea mixture from pan and keep warm. Add cream to pan and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Return pea mixture to pan, add gnocchi and cook, stirring occasionally, until peas are hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: