- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 4 cups pitted cherries (about 1 1/3 pounds)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- To prepare the pastry, combine flour, sugar and salt in a processor; pulse to combine. Add butter and orange rind; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of ice water; pulse until dough clumps together. Shape into a 4-inch disc; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roll pastry into a 15-inch circle on a floured surface. Place in a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom, letting pastry hang over the edge.
- To prepare the filling, combine cherries, granulated sugar and cornstarch. Spoon into pastry; fold pastry edges over filling.
- Bake 40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack. Sift confectioners’ sugar over pastry before serving.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: