- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds, pulverized in blender with 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon rum, kirsch or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Tips From Our Test Kitchen:
- Cream butter and sugar together in a medium-size mixing bowl. Add almonds and beat 1 minute.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing between each addition. Add baking powder and flavorings.
- Gently fold in flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan. Fold batter into pan.
- Bake in a 350F oven 40 to 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cool.
This tasty cake is good with a light glaze or served with fresh fruit.
Recipe by Elizabeth Monson, Idyllwild, Calif.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: