- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup non-dairy topping
- 2 cups strawberries, whole and halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and cocoa; shake off excess cocoa.
- Place butter in large bowl; beat until smooth. Add 1 cup sugar; beat until creamy. Add almonds, chocolate and egg yolks; beat thoroughly with a mixer at medium speed. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form (do not overbeat). Stir one-third of egg whites into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg whites.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool 30 minutes in pan on wire rack. Release sides of pan and slide onto a serving plate.
- Top cake with non-dairy topping and strawberries.
Videos You Might Also Like
The recipe was originally published as Flourless Chocolate Cake with Strawberries and Cream on Relish.com