- 2 round or oval crusty Italian sandwich rolls
- Olive oil (optional)
- 1 can (6-ounce) solid light tuna packed in olive oil, undrained (see note)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed and minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes
- Baby spinach leaves
Recipe by Sharon Sanders
- Slice rolls in half through middle. Pick out some of bread from top and bottom halves to create a slight depression. Place roll bottoms on a platter. Brush insides lightly with oil, if using.
- Combine tuna, onion, celery, capers, juice and a pinch of pepper flakes; mix well. Spoon onto reserved roll bottoms. Cover with spinach and roll tops. Top with a bacon press or another platter with some heavy canned goods placed on top. Let stand 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: