- 3 Granny Smith, Fuji or Gala apples
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup orange juice or ginger ale
- 1/2 teaspoon 5-spice powder or garam masala*
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- To make apples: Leave peels on apples. Remove cores with a small apple corer or melon baller. Cut apples into 1/2-inch-thick rings. Fill a nonreactive medium bowl with 2 cups water and squeeze lemon into it. Place apple slices into acidified water while you make marinade.
- To make marinade: Combine maple syrup, ginger root, lemon juice, orange juice and spice powder in a nonreactive medium bowl. Drain apples and place in marinade 20 minutes while you heat grill. Grill apple slices over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden while basting with marinade. Pour any remaining marinade over apples and serve sprinkled with chopped nuts.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: