- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 (8-inch or 10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Diced avocado (optional)
Recipe by Chef Greg Johnson
- Heat a 10 to 12-inch nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add oil. Add eggs, breaking yolks. Cook until eggs are set enough to flip, about 2 minutes. Flip; cook until eggs are done (over-hard), about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
- Return pan to heat and increase heat to medium. Place one tortilla in pan. Sprinkle on half the cheese. Place cooked eggs over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and tortilla. Cook until bottom tortilla is a little brown and cheese starts to melt, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip with a spatula and brown the other side. Remove from pan.
- Transfer to cutting board. Cool 1 minute. Slice into wedges. Serve with salsa and diced avocado if using.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: