- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced Vidalia or sweet onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Chopped chives for garnish
Recipe by Donna Shields.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat; add onions, celery and garlic and cook until soft but not browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add broth and potatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer to blender or food processor and purée until smooth. Return to pan. Add half-and-half; gently rewarm but do not boil. Season with salt and white pepper. Garnish with chives.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: