- Cooking spray
- 2 cans (8-ounce) reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoon skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Colored sugars (purple, green and gold)
Recipe by Holly Clegg.
- Preheat oven 350F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- To prepare cake, separate crescent rolls at perforations, into 16 slices. Place slices around pan with points in the center. About halfway down from points, press seams together.
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Using a mixer at medium speed, beat until creamy. Spread cream cheese mixture on dough in the center where seams have been pressed together.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over cream cheese. Fold dough points over filling, then fold base of triangles over points forming a circular roll.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- To prepare icing, combine all ingredients except colored sugars in a small bowl. Whisk until icing reaches desired consistency, adding more powdered sugar or milk as needed. Drizzle over cooled cake.
- Sprinkle colored sugars in wide horizontal bands over the iced cake.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: