- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 4 ounces dried tart cherries, chopped (¾ cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon, chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups chopped fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can (16-ounce) black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat 1 cup of broth. Place cherries in small bowl. Add hot broth and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno; cook 1 minute. Do not brown. Add turkey; cook until it is no longer pink.
- Add bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, coriander, mustard and oregano. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and remaining broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, cilantro and cherry mixture. Continue cooking until thoroughly heated.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: