- 1 (9-inch) pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped, pitted dates (do not used sweetened dates)
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place pie crust in a 9-inch tart pan or, for squares, gently press into a 13-by-3½-inch pan. Place nuts and dates in crust.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs in a large bowl; whisk well. Pour over dates.
- Bake about 50 minutes, until puffed and brown. Cool on a wire rack at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: