- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal (preferably brown rice)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -- (10-ounce) jar cherry all-fruit spread
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Combine flour, oats, puffed rice, pecans, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, oil, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well-blended and creamy. Add dry ingredients and mix until moistened and a crumbly dough forms. Reserve 1 ½ cups of the dough for the topping. Press remaining dough evenly into bottom of pan.
- Spread fruit spread evenly over dough in pan. Sprinkle reserved dough mixture over top, leaving some areas uncovered. Gently press down to adhere topping to fruit layer. Bake 30 minutes or until deep golden. Cool 15 minutes. Slice into 12 (2 1/4 x 3-inch) bars.
Recipe courtesy of the Georgia Pecan Commission, georgiapecansfit.org.