- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 pound cleaned crawfish tails
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion tops
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 cups cooked white rice
Recipe courtesy of Tabasco guest chef Stanley Dry
- Melt butter in a heavy pot over medium heat; add onions and celery and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk chicken broth and flour until smooth. Add to celery mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Add crawfish and cook 15 minutes. Add lemon juice, salt, cayenne and Tabasco. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are cooked, about 5 minutes. Add crabmeat, green onions and parsley and cook 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: