- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 firm, ripe pear, cored and sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- To prepare filling, combine dried apricots and water in a small bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Combine remaining filling ingredients in a large bowl. Add apricots and soaking liquid; mix well. Spoon into prepared pan.
- To prepare cake, combine flour, sugar, butter and salt in a food processor. Pulse until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for streusel topping.
- Add egg to flour mixture in food processor. Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk, stir well, and add to flour mixture. Add vanilla. Pulse to make a cake batter. Pour over cranberry mixture in pan.
- To prepare streusel, add streusel ingredients to reserved flour mixture. Toss well. Sprinkle over cake batter and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: