- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries, divided
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Chambord liqueur (raspberry flavored liqueur) or orange or grape juice
- Sugar covered cranberries (optional)
Recipe by High Cotton Food Styling & Photography
- Combine cranberries, water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes or until cranberries have popped.
- Add the liqueur; remove from heat.
- Strain cranberry mixture through a sieve into a shallow pan, pressing with the back of a spoon to remove as much liquid as possible. Discard solids. Place strained liquid in the refrigerator to chill 2 hours.
- Pour mixture into the canister of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions (or for granita, pour mixture into a 9x9-inch pan, and freeze, scraping occasionally with a fork). Spoon into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with cranberries rolled in sugar, if desired.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: