- 2 pounds Cortland apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 22/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup pomegranate or orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup brown sugar (depending on sweetness of apples)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Place apples in a medium saucepan. Add water, juice and cinnamon stick. Cook over medium heat about 20 minutes or until apples are soft. Add more water during cooking if apples are not covered. Drain well and remove cinnamon stick.
- Mash apples with a potato masher until chunky. If too thick, stir in about 1/3 cup extra water.
- Stir in brown sugar. Add pomegranate seeds, lemon juice and ground cinnamon if using.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: