- 9 ears fresh corn
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Recipe courtesy of Holly Hill Inn, Midway, Ky.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut corn kernels off the cobs; “milk” the ears by scraping each cob firmly with the back of a knife.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs with cream, milk, sugar and salt. Add the corn.
- Pour melted butter into 6 individual (4- to 6-ounce) ramekins or into a 2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish. Tilt ramekins to coat sides and bottoms. Divide corn mixture among ramekins.
- Place ramekins or baking dish into in a water bath (a pan filled with water, up to about ½ inch below the edge of the dishes) and bake 50 to 60 minutes or until the eggs are set and a knife comes out clean.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: