- 2 cups corn meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted butter, slightly cooled
Recipe courtesy of the Readyville Mill, Readyville, Tenn.
- Mix together dry ingredients
- Mix eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Blend wet ingredients into dry and stir well.
- Preheat griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly oil. Pour 1/4 cup of mixture onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles form on top and then flip to cook the other side. Cook until bottoms are lightly browned and set. Serve with hot butter and maple syrup.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: