- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb shoulder chops, trimmed, boned, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 12 ounces meat) or 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water at least 10 minutes
Recipe by Nancy Vieanneau
Per serving (with lamb): 158 calories, 9g fat, 54mg chol., 17g prot., 1g carbs., 0mg fiber, 191mg sodium
Per serving (with chicken): 144 calories, 7g fat, 54mg chol., 18g prot., 1g carbs., 0g fiber, 226mg sodium
- Prepare barbecue grill or preheat broiler.
- Whisk together the first seven ingredients (olive oil through salt) in a medium bowl. Add the lamb or chicken. Toss to evenly coat. Let marinate up to 2 hours.
- Thread onto skewers, leaving a small gap between each piece.
- Preheat broiler or prepare grill.
- Broil or grill lamb skewers 8 minutes or until the meat is crusty brown but still pink inside, turning after 4 minutes. Cook chicken skewers about 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve with Simple Lemon Yogurt Sauce.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: