- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 4 ounces bacon
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 3/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Combine wine, salt, pepper, bay leaf and chicken in large shallow bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Add onions, carrots and mushrooms to pan and cook over medium heat, stirring browned bits from bottom, about 15 minutes. Remove vegetables from pan.
- Remove chicken from marinade; drain well, reserving marinade. Discard bay leaf. Toss chicken lightly in flour. Add 11/2 tablespoons oil to pan. Working in batches, add chicken to pan and cook over medium heat until brown. Add remaining oil if needed.
- Add broth, tomato paste and reserved marinade. Bring to boil; add vegetables. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45 minutes. Crumble bacon on top of each serving.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: