- 2 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 pounds fresh mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough
- Combine shallots, garlic and ginger in food processor; process until finely chopped.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add shallot mixture; cook, stirring often, until very fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add curry powder and salt; cook 1 minute.
- Pour in coconut milk; bring to simmer, scraping up any browned bits on the pan’s bottom.
- Add mussels; cover, reduce heat, and simmer until shells open, about 5 minutes. Discard any mussels that do not open. Stir in pineapple and pepper before serving. Garnish with cilantro.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: