- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 cups coarsely chopped lettuce (romaine and Boston)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 9 ounces)
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Roquefort or blue cheese
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
Recipe adapted by Jean Kressy
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar, cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- To prepare salad, arrange lettuces on a large serving platter, big enough to toss the salad. Arrange tomatoes in a strip down the center and arrange chicken, bacon, eggs, and cheese in strips on either side of tomatoes. Scatter avocado around edge.
- Before serving, slide the salad into a large bowl; pour dressing over top and toss gently to combine.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: